First day of fall - no dog, different venue, with pigs

 I got out early today it's been quiet. The Coulsons wrote in their Harris's Hawk, "Once the leaves fall, and the northern Red-tailed Hawks migrate down, gray squirrels are less likely to be far from their safe havens and more likely to be bedded down in their nests during the day." Who knows? I'll move from woods to woods until my main spot picks up again.

The weather was nice, and I got there after dawn, about 0730. Cisco did have a chase in some super heavy cover. This is my west woods. Lot's of cover plus pigs. I heard them today, which is why Arnold stayed home. Cisco was certainly not fired up. He could have followed, usually not a good thing while squirrel hunting, but it would have helped today.





 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the ragged edge...

Superb effort from Cisco