Superb effort from Cisco

Cisco was on the disabled list for a few weeks, after a squirrel chewed on his toe a while back. The day before yesterday I took him hunting. My reference to the hunt in my log book was "Boh-ring!" He was an ounce heavy and it was warm.

Today was different. Cisco was at 900 grams after two day fast; the weather was cool, also extremely windy. Cisco is very dependable in the wind, and though sometimes it affects the squirrels, I am not overly concerned about it.

Cisco was spot-on. He made a perfunctory swoop at a fox squirrel, then quickly found a cat squirrel. A steady pursuit followed, including one interesting flight. The squirrel was at the top of a tall tree. Cisco flew upwind and used the wind as an elevator to put him very high in the same tree. He took a huge arc out, swung back and landed perfectly. A few minutes later he was on the ground with a squirrel. Arnold was there, worked well, and had fun.

This is the last squirrel of the season. I clipped Farrah's talons yesterday, and I don't want Cisco to get bitten again. I may chase game birds with him for a few more hunts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fourth