A Red-tail, a dog, and a slingshot

After a week nursing a squirrel bite or two, I took Cisco to the woods. It was a few degrees warmer than I had hoped, but not bad..

Cisco was about 910 net body weight. We saw no squirrels for a while, but both Cisco and the dog were working well. Cisco made some pursuit noises, quick bell tones, and we had a swoop. Arnold kept the squirrel treed. Cisco parked, watching intently. I used the Mr. Squirrel call and fired a number of slingshot rounds in the vicinity of the squirrel. After probably fifteen minutes of not much activity, Cisco struck. I saw the squirrel quiver, a few minutes later Cisco brought it down. A chick was tossed to Cisco, he tossed the squirrel to me, inadvertently no doubt. Then back to the car for some obligatory chillin'. 

Farrah and Cisco each with three squirrels. Not a gangbuster season, but OK. 

This tree


Chillin'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fourth

Superb effort from Cisco