Mental Health my Burro.....

 The other day I read or heard an article describing how going to the woods is good for one's mental health. Obviously flawed because they didn't mention a Red-tailed Hawk at weight actively looking for the plentiful squirrels, a seasoned dog following the hawk, also searching for squirrels, and the temperature just a little cool......

Today's outing had none of those characteristics. Cisco was overweight a little, the result of a temperature spike, and Arnold wouldn't follow Cisco when he flew. He'd start to follow, but when I'd "good dog!" him, Arnold would return. I'm not sure what that was about. No chance of losing him at least. The only squirrel I saw was one Arnold and I flushed with Cisco "following on" about a quarter mile behind. This one squirrel would have provided a good chase if Cisco had seen it. Arnold spent a few minutes barking up the tree, running around, generally doing his job. By the time Cisco showed up the squirrel was nowhere to be seen. It may have died from old age.

A day when I wonder why I have invested so much time hawking.......... Oh well, things always change.

Cisco and Farrah have each caught three squirrels. The first picture is today, the others from Monday.





     



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fourth

Superb effort from Cisco